Thursday, October 3, 2024

WHAT ABOUT THOSE MEDICAL DOCTORS!

 One of the most frustrating things I have been experiencing since going ketogenic is dealing with my malinformed Primary MD who by the way I love dearly.  She really knows nothing about our tribe of people who utilize ketones rather than glucose for our energy on a cellular level.  The last time I went in for my yearly check up and labs which had been two years overdue, she was very alarmed by my LDL levels.  Little did she know that even for glucose burners lipids, particularly LDL are not a predictor or a risk for heart disease.  The primary risk for heart disease is Type 2 Diabetes and the primary cause of Type 2 is SUGAR!  

I explained the whole theory to her and even brought in studies for her to read.  She did remark how great my kidneys and thyroid were and that my HDL was high and my Triglycerides were low.  I did have a slightly high blood glucose(108) and A1C (5.9). I explained to her gluconeogenesis and the dawn effect where ketone burners have a surge of glucose from the liver to wake up the body for the days activities.  Even so, I decided to go strict carnivore with some dairy.  I also started testing my blood glucose before my last of my two meals a day and have never tested higher than the 90's since.  

I asked  her permission  to send her emails on Mychart with more info on this type of nutrition called keto.  She has thanked me kindly with everything I send her and I try to be sparing in my contact with her so as not to overwhelm her.  My sorrow for her is that she is probably 10 years younger than me (I'm 74) and she has just suffered from breast cancer and is obese and can barely walk.  I only wish she would give me a call and ask for my help.....

Doctors are indoctrinated and generally are so overworked and limited by insurance companies and crazy harmful guidlines  perpetrated by the pharmaceutical companies that they have adopted the old outmoded paradigm of medical care which is actually the cause of most if not all of our chronic disease.  

Something must change in order for the paradigm shift to occur.  I have received support from some of my MD's for my low carb diet and most of them are much younger than me.  This morning I just listened to a wonderful discussion between two forward thinking MD's, Dr. Ken Berry and Dr. Marty Makery who has written a book called Blind spots.  Dr. Berry has a book called Lies my Doctor told me.  

Lets give a listen to this wonderful informative interview from the doctor's mouths!

https://www.youtube.com/live/EqL6hi-CTFQ?si=KjZGGa8Od-eSPDs7


For some reason I cannot get the video to embed so just click on the link and it will take you to YouTube.  Its a good one...

Just know,

I am Happe to help

Call: 775 230-1507. email: mhappenow.happe@gmail.com


Until next time

No comments: