Thursday, January 1, 2015

NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS


Michele Happe MA 
January 1, 2015

I don’t really believe in New Years resolutions.  My Buddhist practice teaches me that each day is precious and that living in the moment brings the most happiness.  I was asleep by 8 pm last night and I rose early at about 5 which is my favorite time of day.  

When my sister died of a heart attack at age 54, I realized that with the genetics in my family I could no longer rest on my laurels.  So I made the commitment to my health even more stringently.  I am early to bed and early to rise, to the occasional chagrin of my husband.  I eat in a healthy way 6 times per day with restricted calories.  I do indulge once per month and am always happy to return to my discipline after that wonderful day is over.  I exercise regularly in a moderate way.  I do walking, kettle bell swings, and restorative yoga except when I am sick…then I go to bed and rest until I have good energy to resume my activities.  

I nurture my spirt through spiritual practice in our Buddhist tradition.  I also have the opportunity to teach many of these general principles to my clients who use me for spiritual coaching as well as those who use me for health coaching.  

I read that the average weight gain over the holidays is 8 lbs.  Many over eat, over drink and are sleep deprived during this time of year.  The pressure that family brings often hits us the hardest especially those who grew up in dysfunctional families.  So the emotional toll can be great towards our general health and well being.  

January is typically a time of new clients who are trying to recover from a month of over doing.  I welcome anyone who wants to get on a healthier path.  If you are interested in health coaching remember the coaching is free.  Our plan is very healthy and satisfying.  

I do hope that you all have a wonderful healthy year one day at a time..

Blessings,


Michele

No comments: