Friday, September 27, 2024

INTESTINAL TROUBLES LIKE IBS, CROHN’S, CONSTIPATON etc and KETOSIS.....REALLY?

Yes really.  I tell my clients that I have a PhD in poop!  A few months after covid in October.2020 I was suffering from long covid.  I had superficial blood clots, neuropathy all over my body (remember I am in my 70's).  At the end of January I got constipated.  I had never had much trouble with this in the past so I didn't really know what to do.  It really hurt when I pushed.  After just four days of this I had a searing unbearable pain in my gut and rushed to the hospital.  I started throwing up and an X-ray confirmed my colon had perforated.  A few hours later I had a foot less colon in my body and a iliosomy bag hanging from my stomach.  I was suffering from mild sepsis and was weak and totally freaked out.  I was in the hospital for over a week and had the bag removed in reconnection surgery about 6 weeks later, then I had to have another surgery for numerous incisional hernias and treatments for small bowel obstructions.....it was a nightmare.  We all concluded this was an artifact of long Covid.  

I have every possible over the counter for constipation just in case and still pray every morning and am grateful for a successful poop.  I was recently watching an interview between Bret Schur MD and Nick Norwitz PhD about ketosis and his severe illness with Inflammatory Bowel Disease.  It was terrifying and enlightening.  He had tried everything and as he said he had no life in his early 20's.  He was worried that surgery was the next step and in order to avoid that he tried the ketogenic diet.  His symptoms improved, the bleeding stopped and eventually his disease was in total remission.  He is now getting his MD at Harvard and has his PhD in Cell Biology and Biochem.  (see video below).  

Since I am total carnivore now and was originally told I needed a low fiber diet, my intestine and colon are very happy.  If you have any intestinal issues I would heartily recommend the Keto/Carnivore diet and watch many issues as well as intestinal issues resolve.  So now without further ado let's watch Nick and Bret dive into this issue.  






Amazing huh!

If you need any coaching for all things keto/carnivore give me a call, email or text. I can be reached at:

775 230-1507
mhappenow.happe@gmail.com

Until next time:   Be well


No comments: